Articles on this Page
- 08/03/15--08:57: _adding an email toDG
- 08/03/15--08:59: _adding a mailbox/em...
- 08/03/15--11:35: _Time stamp based on...
- 08/03/15--11:39: _FIM Location / SAP ...
- 08/03/15--22:06: _Microsoft Identity ...
- 08/04/15--04:20: _MIM 2016 new portal?
- 08/04/15--04:27: _FIM\MIM on SQL 2012...
- 08/04/15--04:33: _Windows 10 Domain I...
- 08/04/15--19:55: _PCNS & FIM question
- 08/04/15--19:59: _SSPR and password c...
- 08/04/15--23:27: _FIM to MIM upgrade
- 08/05/15--00:15: _Forefront Identity ...
- 08/05/15--00:26: _FIM 2010 (NOT R2) t...
- 08/05/15--00:30: _SSPR client versus ...
- 08/05/15--01:58: _Bulk Modify Users p...
- 08/05/15--04:22: _FIM 2010 R2 - Set w...
- 08/05/15--05:51: _WindowsUpdate_80200...
- 08/05/15--06:06: _Publishing FIM Pass...
- 08/05/15--06:07: _FIM pre-requisites ...
- 08/05/15--08:48: _FIM Portal Internal...
- 08/03/15--08:57: adding an email toDG
- 08/03/15--08:59: adding a mailbox/email as a member of a DG
- 08/03/15--11:35: Time stamp based on a disconnection
- 08/03/15--11:39: FIM Location / SAP Location Code
- Synchronize identities between directories, databases and applications
- Self-service password, group and certificate management
- Increase admin security with policies, privileged access and roles
- Thwart identity theft with Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
- 08/04/15--04:20: MIM 2016 new portal?
- 08/04/15--04:27: FIM\MIM on SQL 2012 SP2 install fails
- 08/04/15--04:33: Windows 10 Domain ID is getting disabled frequently
- 08/04/15--19:55: PCNS & FIM question
- 08/04/15--19:59: SSPR and password complexity
- 08/04/15--23:27: FIM to MIM upgrade
- 08/05/15--00:15: Forefront Identity Manager 2010. Export EmployeeID to AD
- 08/05/15--00:26: FIM 2010 (NOT R2) to MIM 2016 upgrade
- Stop FIM 2010 services
- Backup database (duh :) )
- Move database to newer SQL version
- Start setup of MIM Sync/MIM Service
- Point to relocated database and upgrade database
- Have an upgraded environment
- 08/05/15--00:30: SSPR client versus FIM/MIM Server version through upgrade process
- FIM 2010 Server Side
- FIM 2010 SSPR on Windows 7
- MIM 2016 Server Side
- MIM 2016 SSPR on Windows 7
- 08/05/15--01:58: Bulk Modify Users phone number in FIM portal
- 08/05/15--04:22: FIM 2010 R2 - Set which contains all group owners
- 08/05/15--05:51: WindowsUpdate_8020000E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
- 08/05/15--06:06: Publishing FIM Password Portals on internet
The SharePoint 2013 site collection runs in 2010 experience mode.
To verify, in the SharePoint 2013 Management command-line shell, enter the following commands and verify that the return value is 14:
- $spSite = SpSite("http://www.contoso.com");
- 08/05/15--08:48: FIM Portal Internal Error
Can I add an email address/mailbox as a member of a Distribution Group?
Can I add an email address/mailbox as a member of a Distribution Group In FIM?
I'm importing users from a source SQL MA, rather than having a flag or date indicating disconnection, the users will just vanish from the view. Is there a way for me to time stamp when the user disappeared from the view into a metaverse attribute (e.g. "sourceDisconnected") and export that to the FIM portal to trigger deprovisioning actions X days after the disconnection?
I was wondering if there's a way you can sync the SAP location code with FIM for whenever I go to create a new user. SAP has a location code, and whenever I create a new user in FIM, I want to be able to put in that code so the Address automatically gets filled in.
Or if that's not possible, is there a way to automatically fill in the address in FIM?
Microsoft Identity Manager 2016, successor of FIM 2010 is now available on MSDN / Volume Licensing sites. It is the "GA" version.
There is also a new site about MIM:
Microsoft Identity Manager at microsoft.com sites.
On-premises identity and access management:
Note that there is "Try now" button on the site, but it is currently redirected to /evalcenter/evaluate-microsoft-advanced-threat-analytics
If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.
Hello, I've deployed MIM 2016 in a test environment to look at the new stuff. So the portal looks the same (sadly).
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/microsoft-identity-manager/default.aspx - when is the new portal available (or how can I enable it in this version?).
I found some documentation on TechNet (yesterday there was none). I suppose we will have more in a few days\weeks. Amirite? ;)
The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.
I've tried installing both to SQL 2012 SP2 and it fails on Populate Database step. I think it worked with 2012 SP1.
Can anyone confirm?
The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.
Windows 10 Domain ID is getting disabled frequently, is the any tool that where & all my password saved in the system..
When PCNS intercepts the password change on a DC, what format does it send the password to FIM in? is it clear text?
I am asking this because we require to sync AD passwords with a systems where we do not have a Management Agent for (via FIM).
Came across this script, and was wondering if it can be used for password sync & FIM?
I am assuming that FIM SSPR utilizes the password complexity settings of the associated AD environment (that FIM is deployed in)?
When resetting a password via SSPR, and a password not complex enough is typed in, does FIM SSPR tell you the password does not meet complexity requirements and offer that you type another password (that matches the complexity requirement)?
With MIM now available, I'd like to test an upgrade scenario.
First question though - what are the requirements for MIM? OS? SQL? etc
I assume this is a simple in place upgrade of the binaries?
I assume we need to remove FIM Portal and Sharepoint 2010 first (as in our case)?
Then deploy Sharepoint 2013 and MIM portal again?
I need export attribute EmployeeID from FIM Portal to AD.
When I export EmployeeID to AD (Relationship criteria accountname = samaccountname) - all OK
When I export EmployeeID to AD (Relationship criteria Firstname = givenname and Lastname = sn) - EmployeeId does not export to same user in AD.
The documentation at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt219041.aspx speaks of a FIM 2010 R2 upgrade to MIM 2016. But I've got a customer who still has a FIM 2010 who is now looking to upgrade to MIM 2016.
The target situation is to have all MIM 2016 software on new servers installed.Will the MIM 2016 installer be able to update the FIM 2010 databases? Or do we need to to a FIM 2010 -> FIM 2010 R2 -> MIM 2016 upgrade?
Could this be a possible strategy:
More or less related to my upgrade question.
Situation to start from:
Situation to go to:
Now my question: is the MIM 2016 SERVER software backwards compatible? E.g. can FIM 2010 clients connect and perform a SSPR against a MIM 2016 server?
Or is it the other way round? Can a MIM 2016 SSPR client talk to a FIM 2010 server?
I've got quite some clients to upgrade and the first option, server is backwards compatible, would be very very convenient...
I'm not sure if somebody asked for this already, i would like to know a detailed instructions in bulk update/modify phone number of users, it could be an MPR or powershell instructions or both. Users are from different departments. If there is an existing
script that i can modify, that would be great. Thank you!
I have tried to figure out how to create a set which contains all the security group owners. Is that someway possible to do?
I want to show security groups just to group owners so is there is some other way to do that, let me know.
I need to publish my existing FIM Portal on internet, below is my plan for that:
- We have 2 FIM Portal Servers published internally using our internal Hardware load balancer (HLB). We have FIM Sync server and one FIM Portal Admin server.
we are going to publish FIM servers using Windows Server 2012 R2's Web Application Proxy (WAP) servers.
We will configure two WAP servers in DMZ network behind our external HLB.
1- Does WAP servers are supported in this scenario?
2- Do we require both WAP servers in DMZ to be domain joined?
3- Will this method will work us in publishing Password Register Portal?
4- Will this method will work for us in publishing password reset portal?
5- We are going to export and use the same certificate as our current internal servers are using, i think this is fine?
I am having a problem setting the compatibility level for SharePoint, prior to installing FIM.
The property is read-only. Is there are registry entry that will complete this?
Here is the environment:
Freshly installed VM with Windows 2012 Std. Server is named: FIMS.
It is domain joined with .Net 3.5 installed.
It also have SQL 2012 Std installed including full-text search.
It has SharePoint 2013 installed...
Configure SQL Server 2012 for SharePoint 2013
I am stuck at step 1 in the following article to prepare SharePoint for the FIM install.
Installing FIM 2010 R2 on SharePoint Foundation 2013
Violating any of the above conditions will be caught by the setup prerequisite checks and will block the installation of the portal.
When I run the command it reports the value is read-only. Advice on how to set this via registry or other mean, is much appreciated.
PS C:\> $spSite = SpSite("http://fims")
PS C:\> $spSite.CompatibilityLevel
PS C:\> $spSite.CompatibilityLevel = 14
'CompatibilityLevel' is a ReadOnly property.
At line:1 char:1
+ $spSite.CompatibilityLevel = 14
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) , RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyAssignmentException
I've configured my portal to have a set of HR users. HR users can access the portal, create users and modify certain attributes of existing Contractors and Staff.
To do this I created some MPRs and search scopes, I login as an HR user, click Users and can successfully create a new user. However, if I search for existing users using the default All Users search scope, or using my All Conteactors and All Staff search scopes, the portal returns:
An internal error occurred and your request cannot be processed. Please contact your system
Usual objectSid, Domain, AccountName are in place. Am I missing something simple?